As the first month of a new year comes to a close, it is important to focus on all the good that came in those first 31 days. Many people have shared posts about January being their “free trial” of the new year, which, yes it’s funny and gives everyone a good laugh, but it is impossible to believe that everyone had an all around bad first month of the new year. What I want to do now is to stop, take a step back, and focus on the most important and fantastic things that happened this month, and maybe inspire others to do the same. Let’s share the positivity;
- I actually stuck to a training plan for the whole month. I knew I was going to go to the gym, my gym buddy helps me stay accountable with that, but my head bounces around so much that sometimes it’s hard for me to stick to a set plan. This month, I did it! It feels great, I’m finishing up stage one of the plan and moving on to stage 2 soon. I feel so accomplished. Have you stuck with a gym routine this month? Did you decide to start one? Whatever it may be, celebrate it!
- I enjoyed my favorite ice cream for the first time in 6 months. No, not because I’ve restricted my dessert in take (haa like that would ever happen), but it’s so far. During the last weekend of January I was lucky enough to be taken there on a date by my wonderful boyfriend. Let me tell you, it was so worth the drive! Did you indulge this month? Definitely something to celebrate!
- I learned that I have no plan for the future, let’s see if I can work towards accepting it come the end of February. It sounds like a negative out of the month, I know that but is it really? I think not, it’s giving me a chance to take my “fake” hat off and stop obsessing over jobs and careers I don’t think I would really enjoy. It’s given me the opportunity to do more research and learn more about what I think I want to do. Have you learned anything new about yourself? Celebrate your new truths!
- I began my Spring Semester, which happens to be my final semester of university. This semester I decided to switch up my classes the night before the semester began (because remember that mind that bounces around….ya..), and I ended up constructing a perfect schedule with classes that I enjoy. Some of the classes are more challenging than others, but I enjoy the content I’m learning, and my professors are willing to teach and help us. It’s an awesome feeling have classes and professors that you enjoy. Did you start anything new this month, school, career, hobby? Let’s celebrate it!
- I found a new favorite coffee shop. Honestly, I love a good cup of coffee, cappuccino, or espresso. Something about enjoying these drinks made with organic Ethiopian dark blend rich coffee (making that up) makes it worth the 5$ I spend on it. But really, this cafe has fresh ingredients for their coffees, they make smoothies, they do lunch and breakfast options all with fresh ingredients! Not only that, but it’s a comfortable, well lit environment and I can see myself spending a lot of time (and maybe money) their. Not to mention, it’s right down the street from my school so it makes for a fun little spot to meet up with friends and do homework. Did you discover anything new in January? Celebrate it!
as easy as it is to focus on the negativity that is inevitable in our everyday lives, it’s important to take a step back and recognize the positive events. as little as they may seem, if you recognize a handful of these events, your vibes my begin to change into positive feelings rather than negative feelings.
Cheers to January and to an even brighter February;
(Yes I’m “cheers”-ing with my favorite ice cream #birthdaycakeremix #nofilter)